Meet author Jack Simmons on Thursday, March 9, at 5 p.m. as part of Armstrong State University’s Caucus for Equality & Progress (ACEP) author signing event.
Following a wine and cheese reception, Simmons will discuss and sign copies of his recent novel, Three Dashes Bitters, the third book in an “accidental” trilogy started by Walker Percy’s The Moviegoer and John Kennedy Toole’s A Confederacy of Dunces.
Three Dashes Bitters offers a “bro-mantic,” philosophical comedy about friendship, love, and human happiness, using the eternal city of New Orleans as a backdrop to explore universal struggles for individual meaning.
The event, which will be held in the Savannah Ballroom on the second floor of the Armstrong Student Union, is sponsored by ACEP, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion. It will feature other local authors, including:
- Michael Hall, Historical Dictionary of Haiti
- Otis Johnson, From “N-word” to Mr. Mayor: Experiencing the American Dream
- Thomas Meaghern, Financing Armed Conflict
- Nancy Remler, Show Me a Kindness
- Lesley Roessing, Bridging the Gap: Reading Critically and Writing Meaningfully to Get to the Core
- Nalanda Roy, The South China Sea Disputes: Past, Present and Future
For more information, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, (912) 344-3152.